Thanks

Excel Addin suddenly protects itself

I'm currently creating an excel addin .xla file.
    Now when I go to save my changes it tells me it's a protected file. I can't think why this would have happened.
    I've check the obvious file properties through explorer. Is there somewhere else I should look?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel Addin suddenly protects itself

The options that I know about are:
    1) somebody else has it open,
    2) you have another instance of Excel open on your machine, 3) you have had an Excel crash (GPF etc) and the file thinks you still have it open.

Have you tried a reboot?

Jon

Thanks

Since I'm working on it at home, I'll be very perturbed if someone else has it open. [img]/w3timages/icons/alien.gif[/img]
    I didn't have 2 copies of excel open.
    But I did try the cure-all "reboot". And it fixed it.[img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    Just curious.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Lounger
    Thanks

I had a similar problem recently in Excel 2000. I believe it was caused by having a range selected when I saved the file.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I posted a similar problem about 2 to 3 weeks ago. After I installed PUP2000t on my office machine (pentium !! with 128 Megs of RAM), some of my excel files would give me the protected message when I tried to open them. If I clicked OK, the file would open but NOT in READ ONLY mode (qas the message tells you). I unloaded PUP2000 and the problem disappeared. I have not had the guts yet to reinstall it. By the way, it operates wo a problem on my home computer.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I posted a similar problem about 2 to 3 weeks ago. After I installed PUP2000t on my office machine (pentium !! with 128 Megs of RAM), some of my excel files would give me the protected message when I tried to open them. If I clicked OK, the file would open but NOT in READ ONLY mode (as the message tells you). I unloaded PUP2000 and the problem disappeared. I have not had the guts yet to reinstall it. By the way, it operates wo a problem on my home computer.