Thanks
    I use PowerPoint to put up song words in church. In the footer on the final slide of a song, I put the name of the song author, copyright information, the number of our copyright licence etc. Usually it fits on one line, but occasionally there is more information than will fit on one line.

I have found out that I can go to the slide master and change the properties of the text box for the footer to enable word wrap, and that works.

But is there any way of controlling where the line breaks? If the line is too long it would be nice to have the line break in a logical place such as putting the author on the first line and the copyright information on the second line. (I remember that in an Excel cell formatted as text you can do that with Alt-Enter but I can't find a similar trick in PowerPoint.) Of course you could do it in a regular text box, but not as far as I can see in the footer dialog.

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Perhaps you can use the free add-in Multi-line footers from Bill Dillworth's Add-in Page (I haven't tried it myself).

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='765514' date='15-Mar-2009 21:46']Perhaps you can use the free add-in Multi-line footers from Bill Dillworth's Add-in Page (I haven't tried it myself).[/quote]
    Thanks - I'll give that a go.

Ian

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='765514' date='15-Mar-2009 21:46']Perhaps you can use the free add-in Multi-line footers from Bill Dillworth's Add-in Page (I haven't tried it myself).[/quote]
    OK - that works. You can't change the line breaks in an existing footer, but you can insert a new footer and have the text break where you want it to.

Thanks.

Ian

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IanWilson For This Useful Post:

TXWizard (2015-07-19)