Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs down

Hi,

I seem to be having trouble lately in uploading attachments. After I browse for the attachment and click UPLOAD, the attachment bar just does not want to finish "Uploading" the attachment. It seemed to get stuck on that little timer thing that goes about in circles. The only way to get out of this mode is to either refresh the page or choose preview page, where it then warns that the attachment is not finished uploading...(even after on time where I left it going for 5 minutes!!!). Often, when I retry, it does the same thing. Only coming back a little later and try it again...does it then upload successfully in a few seconds?!?

Has anyone else had this problem? What might be the cause? It cannot be network traffic or bandwidth as I experienced this late on a Sunday night too!

Any ideas?
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Rudi' post='765548' date='16-Mar-2009 07:16']Any ideas?[/quote]
    I'm afraid not - I suspect that I have posted more attachments in the new Lounge than any other Lounger but I've never had one fail yet.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    OK... I may have found a temporary solution:
    ------------------------------------------------------

See the thread here...Post 765562
    PS: Since this link above points to the test area...I dunno how long it will be available, so here is the text version for a temporary solution:

This seems to work...but is really weird...

>>> I first post the post....then I went into a FULL edit...and tried to UPLOAD... and hey presto...it uploaded...WOW!

I hope we can still find the main issue behind this for the benefit of others who may be experiencing the same problem!
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Rudi' post='765563' date='16-Mar-2009 08:25'][/quote]
    You mentioned in Test Area that you're using a mobile connection. That might well be the cause.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Tx... I guess some sacrifices must be made if you wanna be mobile.
    Regards,
    Rudi