2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Suddenly I'm always getting reprimanded when I open Outlook 2007 that I didn't close it properly and I have to wait for it to check everything over. I used to just use the x like everything else closes but now I've tried file/close all items/exit, but it doesn't matter I still get chastised when I open it up again.
    thanks
    Terry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    There are reports that desktop search engines such as Google Desktop Search can cause this. If you use such an application, try disabling or even uninstallling it.

You can also try to Scan and repair corrupted Outlook data files.

And you could create a new e-mail profile in the Mail control panel to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks
    [quote name='hmbterry' post='765744' date='17-Mar-2009 01:17']Suddenly I'm always getting reprimanded when I open Outlook 2007 that I didn't close it properly and I have to wait for it to check everything over. I used to just use the x like everything else closes but now I've tried file/close all items/exit, but it doesn't matter I still get chastised when I open it up again.
    thanks
    Terry[/quote]
    If you look at this Google search, you'll find that this is a common problem, but there does not seem to be one single cause or solution. In my case, I've disabled many add-ins within Outlook, and the one that seems to be the culprit is the iTunes Outlook Addin.

To disable Add-ins within Outlook, Tools>Trust Center>Add-ins and then at the bottom of the screen, select COM Add-ins from the drop down and click on Go...

The Add-Ins that are checked are active. Simply remove the check mark from those you wish to disable and click on OK. It may be a matter of trial and error, and if you have iTunes installed, the iTunes Addin may appear again the next time you update iTunes.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I also receive this message upon closing Outlook 2007. In my case, it is the Google Desktop that causes the problem. Since I LIKE Google Desktop, I just ignore this message.
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>

Thanks
    [quote name='novice' post='766597' date='21-Mar-2009 11:15']I also receive this message upon closing Outlook 2007. In my case, it is the Google Desktop that causes the problem. Since I LIKE Google Desktop, I just ignore this message.[/quote]
    Is it feasible to keep Outlook open all the time and only close it after closing Google Desktop? I ask because if Outlook has to recover your data file regularly, there may come a time when it is not able to do so cleanly and you experience some data loss.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have the same problem with Outlook and I do not have Google Desktop; nor do I have any of the other add-ins that others have reported to be the possible causes of this error. The odd thing is that I stopped receiving this error message for about a month, and it started up again a few weeks ago, even though I haven't changed any of my add-ins. So I just ignore it.

Fafner