Thread: Report Object

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    For some reason when I save a report using "save object as" the report will not show up int the navigation bar. When I try to save again under the same name I get a message that there is already an object by that name. I've closed and re-opened the database. Did a compact and repair database but nothing is helping so far. Does anyone have any ideas what might be happening. I opened VBA and don't see the object there either.

Thanks,

Kent

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The object should only show up in the Project Explorer in the Visual Basic Editor if it has a code module.

Do you display hidden objects in the database window? If not, tick "Hidden objects" in the View tab of Tools | Options... and see if that makes a difference.

If the problem persists after quitting and restarting Access, I suspect that the database is corrupt. I'd create a blank new database and import all database objects from the problem database into the new one.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='tenkenaid' post='765873' date='17-Mar-2009 20:12'][/quote]
    Are you using Access 2007 ?
    Then be sure that All Access Objects is selected in the Navigation Pane. See attachment.
    [attachment=82938:Objects.jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Francois

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='765888' date='17-Mar-2009 16:25']Do you display hidden objects in the database window? If not, tick "Hidden objects" in the View tab of Tools | Options... and see if that makes a difference.

If the problem persists after quitting and restarting Access, I suspect that the database is corrupt. I'd create a blank new database and import all database objects from the problem database into the new one.[/quote]

Yes, hidden objects are displayed. I'm thinking you're right about the database being corrupt. Thanks for the help.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Francois' post='765896' date='17-Mar-2009 16:59']Are you using Access 2007 ?
    Then be sure that All Access Objects is selected in the Navigation Pane. See attachment.
    [attachment=82938:Objects.jpg][/quote]

Yes, I'm using 2007 and I've made sure of selecting All Access Objects. Thanks for your help.