2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

I have created over 400 auto texts in Microsoft word 2003; I have upgraded my PC and was wondering how I transfer them over to my new PC. If you could help that would be fantastic.

Kind regards

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    AutoText entries are stored in your Normal.dot template (default location: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Microsoft\Templates), so you can either copy Normal.dot to the Templates folder on the new PC, or copy it to another location and use the Organizer (in Tools | Templates and Add-Ins...) to transfer the AutoText entries to your new Normal.dot.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='766054' date='18-Mar-2009 16:35']AutoText entries are stored in your Normal.dot template (default location: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Microsoft\Templates), so you can either copy Normal.dot to the Templates folder on the new PC, or copy it to another location and use the Organizer (in Tools | Templates and Add-Ins...) to transfer the AutoText entries to your new Normal.dot.[/quote]

Cheers

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='766054' date='18-Mar-2009 16:35']AutoText entries are stored in your Normal.dot template (default location: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Microsoft\Templates), so you can either copy Normal.dot to the Templates folder on the new PC, or copy it to another location and use the Organizer (in Tools | Templates and Add-Ins...) to transfer the AutoText entries to your new Normal.dot.[/quote]
    Isn't it the case that some Autotext entries might be stored in other templates, but not in Normal.dot?

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IanWilson' post='766059' date='18-Mar-2009 18:00']Isn't it the case that some Autotext entries might be stored in other templates, but not in Normal.dot?

Ian[/quote]
    Yes, that's true, but only if the user has explicitly stored them in another template - they're stored in Normal.dot by default. I assumed that if the OP had known that, he'd have known how to transfer them too.

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='766062' date='18-Mar-2009 17:12']I assumed that if the OP had known that, he'd have known how to transfer them too.[/quote]
    You're probably right.

Ian