New Lounger
    Thanks
    i'm new on computers and keep getting an error message that says: (The host SMTP could not be found Account POP3 server STMP Protocol;STMP error#0x800CCCOD) when i try to send an e mail. what is that and how do i correct it? please help a newby solve this

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='TTWYSIWYG' post='766118' date='18-Mar-2009 23:23']i'm new on computers and keep getting an error message that says: (The host SMTP could not be found Account POP3 server STMP Protocol;STMP error#0x800CCCOD) when i try to send an e mail. what is that and how do i correct it? please help a newby solve this [/quote]
    This message just means that your computer can't talk to the mail server.

Has this ever worked?

There are a few possible reasons for this
    1. You are not connected to the Internet, this is unlikely as you can post on Woody's Lounge
    2. You have set up your email wrong, check the instructions you received from your ISP
    3. There is a problem with the mail server, you should contact your ISP to check whether this is a problem at their end.
    for more information have a look at MSKB article 813514

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='TTWYSIWYG' post='766118' date='19-Mar-2009 00:23']i'm new on computers and keep getting an error message that says: (The host SMTP could not be found Account POP3 server STMP Protocol;STMP error#0x800CCCOD) when i try to send an e mail. what is that and how do i correct it? please help a newby solve this [/quote]
    Welcome to the Lounge!

This problem can have several causes. Could you tell us
    • Which version of Windows you're using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, ...)
    • Which e-mail program you're trying to use (Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail)
    • Which firewall you're using
    Thanks in advance.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows xp and outlook express

New Lounger
    Thanks
    sorry i don't know which firewall is installed. i was given this computer by a family member and it already had everything installed. i am SO computer illiterate. i just kind of peck around as i go. exploring on my own so-to-speak. by the way, hello everyone. i'm thrilled to talk to people from all over the world!! thank you all for your responses

Thanks
    [quote name='TTWYSIWYG' post='766124' date='18-Mar-2009 19:44']sorry i don't know which firewall is installed. i was given this computer by a family member and it already had everything installed.[/quote]

If this computer was given to you all set up, it probably has the email settings for it's former user on it, not yours.
    As Stuart mentioned, I would check with your ISP ( Internet Service Provider ) and have them step you through setting up emails for YOUR use.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Please double check that you have correctly entered the e-mail account settings in Tools | Accounts...

It might be best to call your ISP's help desk and ask them to assist you - they should know the specific settings needed to connect to their e-mail servers.