2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Folks,

Under Word 2003, I had code in the template that created a new menu item which, when selected, ran code to grab some document information and export it to another system. Using Word 2007, this no longer seems to be an option since I apparently cannot create menus and menu items as previously done. What would be the easiest way to create some action item for a document that the user could click to accomplish this?

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    [quote name='mdenison' post='766431' date='21-Mar-2009 04:40']Folks,

Under Word 2003, I had code in the template that created a new menu item which, when selected, ran code to grab some document information and export it to another system. Using Word 2007, this no longer seems to be an option since I apparently cannot create menus and menu items as previously done. What would be the easiest way to create some action item for a document that the user could click to accomplish this?[/quote]
    Hi mdenison,

I'd probably opt for a UserForm.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thanks
    [quote name='mdenison' post='766431' date='20-Mar-2009 10:40']Under Word 2003, I had code in the template that created a new menu item which, when selected, ran code to grab some document information and export it to another system. Using Word 2007, this no longer seems to be an option since I apparently cannot create menus and menu items as previously done.[/quote]
    Your template probably is adding the new controls to the Add-ins section of the ribbon. If your users don't mind looking there, you can simplify the migration process by accepting that behavior. With more effort, you can create a new .docm template and create your own section on the ribbon. But if you don't like the ribbon at all, you're stuck.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, folks. I surely isn't as easy as it was under Word2003. I guess, for now, I'll stay with the add-ins menu option. Until I can find some code I can modify for the ribbon bar. Which I can't find yet.