New Lounger
    Thanks
    Greetings,
    I have Woody's book and have spent the better part of two days building a computer and attempting to install Windows Home Server. Ok, maybe I am a slow learner.
    Windows Server does launch and do some work for about 20 minutes, re-boots and I get the Blue Screen...with STOP Error 0x0000007B, which according to my web search implies that
    I need to install the SATA drivers again. According to those sources, this must be done from a floppy drive. So I go purchase a floppy drive, install on a "working" computer, get the SATA drivers from the
    Motherboard manufacturer and then install the floppy on my "Server". Start it again and now get the message "txtsetup.oem" could not be found.
    Any ideas?
    This is approaching the "non-fun" side of the scale.
    Thanks,
    Phil in Texas

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not all that knowledgeable (it took me 7 installation attempts before WHS "took") but IIRC you need to set up your sata HDD in the bios as IDE drives to install WHS. That's what I was told and at least I didn't have problems with the drives. I curently have close to 7TB of drive space in my WHS.

Another little tip that I figured out was to keep the keyboard and monitor hooked up until *all* of the updates are run. Then you can install the connector software. That's why I had to install multiple times. You can always RDP into the server and run the connector installation software from there.

HTH