3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    For example, in the attached screenshot, I would like to copy all the Names in the first column to the Title in the 4th column.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Dennis' post='766528' date='21-Mar-2009 15:05']For example, in the attached screenshot, I would like to copy all the Names in the first column to the Title in the 4th column.[/quote]

Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2) will do that for you, as well as lots of other good stuff.

Alan

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AlanMiller' post='766550' date='21-Mar-2009 12:35']Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2) will do that for you, as well as lots of other good stuff.

Alan[/quote]

Hi Alan,

Thank you very much. I found the answer in the forum of Mp3tag.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AlanMiller' post='766550' date='21-Mar-2009 07:35']Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2) will do that for you, as well as lots of other good stuff.[/quote]
    Oh boy, this is embarrassing but true.

I got curious about this one because I've copied a number of MP3 songs to the SDHC card in my Palm Treo and several of them did not have anything in the title field or had the old Track Number bit. I've never tried to do much with the titles because I've always played my music while sitting at the computer. But the smartphone shows the doggone title onscreen and I needed to fix that.

So, the bottom line of this post is for a THANK YOU Alan, for once again naming the MP3TAG software download! Just for grins I did a Lounge search and the program has been mentioned four times going back to 2004, three of which were from YOU.

This time I've paid attention and it just helped fix the songs on my Palm. Good On Ya, mate!