Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    After one month, here's my "vote" for the thing that bugs me the most about the new lounge.
    Caveat: I *know* I hate change, really, and I'm trying hard not to sulk. I can live with/without the new way email notifications & digests arrive etc, but for a two-fingered typist like me, I need every help I can get to be efficient in posting, and that includes trying to catch mistakes before they air.

I'd like a better Preview layout. In the attached screen shot I'm suggesting that "Preview" ought to be as complete and realistic as possible, to the extent that the Subject (sorry: Topic Title) and Topic description be made visible, as much as possible exactly as it will appear in the posting, white-on-black (in my chosen skin), with my user name and date of posting. That way, when I finally click "Post" the world is going to see what I saw at the time I made my decision to post. That includes seeing attached images in the preview.

I'd like to see the Preview and Post buttons brought up from the basement. If only one button can be salvaged, let it be the Preview (see "two-fingered" above). Moderators must by now be thoroughly fed up of seeing a "new post" from me pop up, only to be replaced a few minutes later with capitalised "i"s, and the word changed to "capitalized". A readily-available Preview button encourages, well, previews.

That said, I'd love to spend an hour shuffling the component of the posting screen to eliminate, or at least, reduce both vertical and horizontal white space. As usual, my eyes/brain navigate much faster than my hand/fingers. Cramming more into a screen lets my most powerful tools (eyes/brain) carry the brunt of the load.
    And when I say "an hour", please understand I mean, with MSPaint. I'm not pretending that changes can be effected in an hour. Not for my software, not for yours, not for anyone's software.

And yes, it's "Two sincere wishes", but I won't see that until I Post
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback, Chris. We're all getting used to the new software and finding out what its possibilities and limitations are. The reply screen layout is one of the issues we've wrestled with, and I'm not certain how much control we have in this, but the software is being tweaked as we go along, so watch this space.
    Charlotte

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='chrisgreaves' post='766538' date='21-Mar-2009 03:13'][/quote]
    IP.Board may not have that flexibility. Though it doesn't completely address your concerns, Loungers may prefer to have the "toggle sidebar" (lower left of compose window) set off.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='charlotte' post='766564' date='21-Mar-2009 09:50']... so watch this space. [/quote]
    Will do. (There's enough of it G&DR)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JohnBF' post='766580' date='21-Mar-2009 12:08']... Loungers may prefer to have the "toggle sidebar" (lower left of compose window) set off.[/quote]
    This Lounger in particular. That was #378 on my list of 1,263 to learn.
    I found it, thanks to your insistent nudge!
    Thanks, John.