Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all,

Has anyone come across this problem. In Word 2007, when I use the MS Add-in to save as pdf, I notice now that in the resulting pdf file, the text is all bunched up and compressed. It never used to be like this and I saved plenty of docs to pdf before. Only about 3 weeks ago have I suddenly seen this compacted text start to appear. I have reinstalled my acrobat reader (v9), I have reinstalled a new downloaded copy of the MS Add-in, and still the problem persists!!! Has anyone come across this problem and if so, is there a solution available?

TIA for any assitance.

[attachment=82988:Capture.JPG]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,
    Rudi

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Rudi
    I would expect this to be a typeface issue. Do you get the same result with other typefaces? If not then the typeface may either be corrupted or copyrighted.

You might also want to check the Options in the SaveAs dialog to check if you are using bitmaps on fonts which cannot be embedded.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Andrew,

Tx for responding. I tried using times new roman (a pretty standard font), and I also checked the options in the save as. All looks good there too. I even have the option checked that it saves as a bitmap if the text cannot be read.

Any other suggestions, as this seems not to be the problem.

[attachment=82990:Capture.JPG]
    Regards,
    Rudi

Thanks
    [quote name='Rudi' post='766568' date='21-Mar-2009 07:28']Tx for responding. I tried using times new roman (a pretty standard font), and I also checked the options in the save as.[/quote]
    I can't replicate that, but I noticed that there is a (previously unknown) font substitution for Times New Roman. Perhaps the substitute font has become corrupted?

[attachment=82999:MSPDF_FontSub.png]

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='766633' date='22-Mar-2009 00:21']I can't replicate that, but I noticed that there is a (previously unknown) font substitution for Times New Roman. Perhaps the substitute font has become corrupted?[/quote]

Hi Jefferson,

If this is the case, what would I need to do to check this, or for that matter, fix the corrupt font? TIA.
    Regards,
    Rudi

Thanks
    [quote name='Rudi' post='766800' date='23-Mar-2009 04:37']If this is the case, what would I need to do to check this, or for that matter, fix the corrupt font? TIA.[/quote]
    In the past I've been able to simply delete any fonts that misbehaved from the Fonts control panel. However, I don't even see this one in there. Maybe the add-in has a secret stash of fonts somewhere else on the C drive? Odd!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='766858' date='23-Mar-2009 19:28']In the past I've been able to simply delete any fonts that misbehaved from the Fonts control panel. However, I don't even see this one in there. Maybe the add-in has a secret stash of fonts somewhere else on the C drive? Odd![/quote]

Appreciate the help. TX
    Regards,
    Rudi