Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

Need help in generating a .prn file from word document. Though I am able to generate the PDF output using the .prn file, however, the TOC links and bookmarks are not retained. I need help in understanding the settings that should be used to retain the links while converting into PDF using the .prn method.

Thanks,
    Gurpreet

Thanks
    [quote name='gurpreet' post='766780' date='23-Mar-2009 00:32']Need help in generating a .prn file from word document. Though I am able to generate the PDF output using the .prn file, however, the TOC links and bookmarks are not retained. I need help in understanding the settings that should be used to retain the links while converting into PDF using the .prn method.[/quote]
    The .prn extension is somewhat generic and generally is used to represent a print job captured to file. Do you have more specific format requirements? I will assume you need a PostScript-format file. As far as I know, adding the notations necessary for Distiller to build "bookmarks" from a PS file requires some separate software such as the PDF Maker add-in. Word does not do it automatically.

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='766781' date='23-Mar-2009 04:08']The .prn extension is somewhat generic and generally is used to represent a print job captured to file. Do you have more specific format requirements? I will assume you need a PostScript-format file. As far as I know, adding the notations necessary for Distiller to build "bookmarks" from a PS file requires some separate software such as the PDF Maker add-in. Word does not do it automatically.[/quote]

Thank you !!

- gurpreet