Thread: Adobe PDF tool

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    How do you remove the Adobe PDF tool from the toolbar and make it stay gone?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Zeno' post='766900' date='23-Mar-2009 21:00']How do you remove the Adobe PDF tool from the toolbar and make it stay gone?[/quote]
    What versions of Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Excel?

I posted a .REG file that set the appropriate registry settings for Adobe 9 and Office 2003 in Post 766424, I assume that similar registry settings will work for other versions.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='766903' date='23-Mar-2009 16:28']What versions of Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Excel?

I posted a .REG file that set the appropriate registry settings for Adobe 9 and Office 2003 in Post 766424, I assume that similar registry settings will work for other versions.[/quote]

I got the files from the other post, but don't know what to do with them.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Zeno' post='766909' date='23-Mar-2009 21:48']I got the files from the other post, but don't know what to do with them.[/quote]
    There are two different ways you can use them
    1. Double click Adobe off.reg, this will set the appropriate registry settings to disable the Adobe toolbars in all office applications
    2. Right click the Adobe off.reg and choose Edit. Look for the line that includes EXCEL in the name, then run Regedit and make this one registry modification yourself
    All the file does is to change the value of the Loadaction registry settings from 3 to 0 (and Adobe on.reg changes them back to 3 again)