Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all. Iím using Excel 2007. Simple summation, using the ∑ function. The column doesnít add up. I am off by 1. I have checked- the numbers are whole numbers (and input as such), and there are no decimals points in the formatting. (Thus, there is no question that 3 hidden .333ís are rounding to the 1) Iíve checked on MS Support site but donít see anything relevant. However, I do remember reading a while ago that Excel canít add properly (in some cases).

Is that what Iím dealing with here- a bug in Excel 2007? If so, what KB number do I have to provide to MS to get the fix? All my updates are installed, BTW.

Thanks in advance./ cel

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='CelVerhaegen' post='766946' date='23-Mar-2009 20:03']Hi all. I'm using Excel 2007. Simple summation, using the ∑ function. The column doesn't add up. I am off by 1. I have checked- the numbers are whole numbers (and input as such), and there are no decimals points in the formatting. (Thus, there is no question that 3 hidden .333's are rounding to the 1) I've checked on MS Support site but don't see anything relevant. However, I do remember reading a while ago that Excel can't add properly (in some cases).

Is that what I'm dealing with here- a bug in Excel 2007? If so, what KB number do I have to provide to MS to get the fix? All my updates are installed, BTW.

Thanks in advance./ cel[/quote]
    Can you provide us with the column of numbers?
    Regards
    Don

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='CelVerhaegen' post='766946' date='23-Mar-2009 20:03']Hi all. I'm using Excel 2007. Simple summation, using the ∑ function. The column doesn't add up. I am off by 1. I have checked- the numbers are whole numbers (and input as such), and there are no decimals points in the formatting. (Thus, there is no question that 3 hidden .333's are rounding to the 1) I've checked on MS Support site but don't see anything relevant. However, I do remember reading a while ago that Excel can't add properly (in some cases).

Is that what I'm dealing with here- a bug in Excel 2007? If so, what KB number do I have to provide to MS to get the fix? All my updates are installed, BTW.

Thanks in advance./ cel[/quote]
    Have you checked the "Precision as displayed" option?
    Regards
    Don

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='wdwells' post='766948' date='24-Mar-2009 00:10']Have you checked the "Precision as displayed" option?[/quote]

Don-

That did it! Checking the "Precision as displayed" option showed the correct total.

Thank you for your help./ cel

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Keep in mind that Precision as Displayed applies to all sheets in the workbook, and that it will ruthlessly round *all* values in the workbook to the displayed values - the original values will be lost forever.