New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been using Excel as my primary data source for tables, and have run into a problem with importing. One xls spreadsheet I am using has one column of data entered as text that includes hard returns (not sure the exact term for this, but like hitting "Enter" in a word processing app). Access seems unable to deal with these, and truncates the data at the first hard return. Is there any way I can get around this so that these cells are imported in their entirety?

Thanks,
    Matt

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Access 2003 doesn't truncate values at a line break, but it imports line breaks as a box character.

Which version of Access are you using?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using Access 2003. The line breaks appear in Excel as box characters, but nothing in the imported Access table beyond the box characters is displayed.

I have attached the original xls file, as well as the imported Access Table (compressed).

Thanks, Hans.

Matt
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The text has in fact been imported correctly. Increase the row height in the table to see the additional lines.

(Column U in the Excel sheet contains Carriage Return + Line Feed instead of just the Line Feed used by Excel. Access uses CR+LF, so the line breaks do show up there as line breaks!)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Amazing. Thanks for the help.

Matt