New Lounger
    Thanks
    When I insert a JPEG file using Insert->Object, the JPEG file name shows up in the document instead of the picture. How do I get it to display the picture?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='bgreen' post='767026' date='24-Mar-2009 10:23']When I insert a JPEG file using Insert->Object, the JPEG file name shows up in the document instead of the picture. How do I get it to display the picture?[/quote]

try: Insert > Picture > From File
    Regards
    Don

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='wdwells' post='767030' date='24-Mar-2009 10:59']try: Insert > Picture > From File[/quote]

Yes, Insert > Picture > From File works fine, I am curious as to why Insert > Object > Create from File does not work as well. Seems that it should.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='bgreen' post='767037' date='24-Mar-2009 11:23']Yes, Insert > Picture > From File works fine, I am curious as to why Insert > Object > Create from File does not work as well. Seems that it should.[/quote]

My understanding of the subtleties in play with Insert > Object are inadequate to offer a dissertation. Perhaps Hans or Jefferson can come to the rescue.
    Regards
    Don

Thanks
    [quote name='bgreen' post='767026' date='24-Mar-2009 07:23']When I insert a JPEG file using Insert->Object, the JPEG file name shows up in the document instead of the picture. How do I get it to display the picture?[/quote]
    I think it is possible to insert any external file as an icon, basically a package that you double-click to open it in its native application. Does that appear to be what's happening?

Just in case field codes are toggled to codes rather than to results, try pressing Alt+F9 once. You can press it again to toggle back if necessary.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I think its safe to say that Insert > Object dosn't work for pictures. That is probably why they added Insert > Picture.

Thank you all for your input.