3 Star Lounger
    Lewes, East Sussex, Sussex, United Kingdom
    Thanks
    I have written a Search and Replace Access database which allows users to search for specified text in all queries, and optionally to replace the search text with some other text.

What I would like to be able to do - but I have a feeling this is not possible - is to then verify the syntax of the query's new SQL, so that if it was not valid the text would not be changed.

Does anybody know if this is possible ? If not, any suggestions as to how to get around it somehow.

Thanks for your help

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I don't know the answer to your question.

One way around it is to use Rick Fisher's Find and Replace instead of doing it yourself.
    Regards
    John

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bodders' post='767044' date='24-Mar-2009 13:04']I have written a Search and Replace Access database which allows users to search for specified text in all queries, and optionally to replace the search text with some other text.

What I would like to be able to do - but I have a feeling this is not possible - is to then verify the syntax of the query's new SQL, so that if it was not valid the text would not be changed.

Does anybody know if this is possible ? If not, any suggestions as to how to get around it somehow.

Thanks for your help[/quote]
    Actually, I don't think you can save an invalid SQL. I believe it will produce an error.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.