Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printing...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I want to print upside down. I can't simply turn the paper as I'm targeting envelopes; they have a preferred way to feed which puts the text upside down.
    In a cell I can get text to rotate 90degs but 180??? I thought a Text-box might do it but also can't find a way there. Thinking 'out-of-the-box' myself this time I can guess there might be a Windows font that's upside down maybe but there must be an easier way... (I hope)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    1. Type your text in cell
    2. Highlight the cell
    3. Click edit > copy
    4. Hold the shift key and click edit > paste picture link
    5. Rotate the resulting picture 180 degrees

Click Shift and Alt together to position the picture to fit a cell exactly
    Jerry

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You may have a rotate option on your printer set up. The HP4650 I am using has a rotate 180 on the finishing tab.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Jezza' post='767073' date='24-Mar-2009 20:10']
    1. Type your text in cell
    2. Highlight the cell
    3. Click edit > copy
    4. Hold the shift key and click edit > paste picture link
    5. Rotate the resulting picture 180 degrees

Click Shift and Alt together to position the picture to fit a cell exactly[/quote]
    Yep, that works; the text looks nice normally but vague and 'bold' upside down (it does so too on the print preview so)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='mbarron' post='767074' date='24-Mar-2009 20:18']You may have a rotate option on your printer set up. The HP4650 I am using has a rotate 180 on the finishing tab.[/quote]

Good suggestion; I had checked that and this doesn work (my 'printer' is actually a Xerox WorkCentre Pro 35 which is a big 'copy machine')

Thanks
    [quote name='ErikJan' post='767063' date='24-Mar-2009 17:57']I want to print upside down. I can't simply turn the paper as I'm targeting envelopes; they have a preferred way to feed which puts the text upside down.
    In a cell I can get text to rotate 90degs but 180??? I thought a Text-box might do it but also can't find a way there. Thinking 'out-of-the-box' myself this time I can guess there might be a Windows font that's upside down maybe but there must be an easier way... (I hope)[/quote]

Print to labels and stick them on the envelopes?
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='rory' post='767219' date='25-Mar-2009 11:08']Print to labels and stick them on the envelopes? [/quote]

That's how this all started; I wanted to do that first but then I thought to myself "strange to print on a label first and then put the label on the envelope; why can't I print directly on the envelope instead"

Thanks
    I'm a little surprised that you can't feed envelopes in either way round given that they are rectangular...
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='rory' post='767264' date='25-Mar-2009 10:43']I'm a little surprised that you can't feed envelopes in either way round given that they are rectangular...[/quote]

I'm guessing that it's a flap issue. Maybe there is a roller or something that snags the flap if it is on one side versus the other.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    That's got to be the most badly-designed printer in the world then, if the only way you can feed in envelopes defaults to the text being upside down!
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's not a printer, it is
    ... actually a Xerox WorkCentre Pro 35 which is a big 'copy machine'

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='mbarron' post='767271' date='25-Mar-2009 16:40']I'm guessing that it's a flap issue. Maybe there is a roller or something that snags the flap if it is on one side versus the other.[/quote]

Correct, the flap opens during transport over te rollers; if the glue strip would at one moment in time also release during that I'll have to put my fingers deep into the machine... brrr! I had a Xerox guy look at this but he couldn't do anything about it too (other than suggesting to feed the envelope upside down).

Thanks
    [quote name='mbarron' post='767298' date='25-Mar-2009 17:16']It's not a printer, it is[/quote]

To me, if it prints, it's a printer. Either way, it's still badly designed...
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Thanks
    [quote name='ErikJan' post='767482' date='26-Mar-2009 07:09']Correct, the flap opens during transport over te rollers; if the glue strip would at one moment in time also release during that I'll have to put my fingers deep into the machine... brrr! I had a Xerox guy look at this but he couldn't do anything about it too (other than suggesting to feed the envelope upside down).[/quote]
    How about rotating the envelopes but feeding them into the left hand side of the feed tray instead of the right (or vice-versa) - you want need to adjust the margins on the worksheet too!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='767539' date='26-Mar-2009 13:44']How about rotating the envelopes but feeding them into the left hand side of the feed tray instead of the right (or vice-versa) - you want need to adjust the margins on the worksheet too![/quote]

You've lost me ; how would that help please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast