Thread: Keyscrambler

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    FREE Keyscrambler Personal 2.4.1 released today HERE.

Thanks
    [quote name='peterg' post='767087' date='24-Mar-2009 12:57']FREE Keyscrambler Personal 2.4.1 released today HERE.[/quote]
    Have you found this product to be stable and unobtrusive? I often type user names and password out of order (repositioning the insertion point with the mouse between parts) as a minimal level of protection against keyloggers, but automation always is easier.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

[quote name='jscher2000' post='767159' date='25-Mar-2009 09:05']Have you found this product to be stable and unobtrusive? I often type user names and password out of order (repositioning the insertion point with the mouse between parts) as a minimal level of protection against keyloggers, but automation always is easier. [/quote]

I have never tried it and I just ran across it today. The fact that it was released today was the chief reason for reporting it, and I was as curious as you about it. Since making that post I have discovered that there are a number of such programs, some more highly rated but not free (forty bucks for one).

It strikes me as as an algorithm doomed to fail. You type in Latin, the program converts it to Greek for the computer to use, and then converts the Greek result back into Latin for you to read. What if the bad guys are bilingual?

Thanks
    [quote name='peterg' post='767169' date='24-Mar-2009 18:32']It strikes me as as an algorithm doomed to fail. You type in Latin, the program converts it to Greek for the computer to use, and then converts the Greek result back into Latin for you to read. What if the bad guys are bilingual?[/quote]
    One would hope the scrambling cannot be so easily reversed!!