Lounger
    Thanks
    My "Insert" key (on the keyboard) has stopped working in Word 2007. I can still toggle between "Overtype" and "Insert" by clicking in the status bar, but pressing the "Insert' key on the keyboard doesn't do the same thing. I thought that the key may have got assigned to a macro, but the Customize Keyboard dialog box says that it is unassigned (both in the Normal template and the open document).

I've proved that the key is still operational (it works in Outlook and Excel). Curiously, it doesn't work in Notepad (but maybe that's normal behaviour for Notepad?).

I can't think what to check next. Any ideas?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have a look at the setting in the Word options that specifically enable/disable the insert keys use of overtype.

You will find it in Office Button > Word Options > Advanced > Editing Options > Use the Insert key to control overtype mode
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Andrew Lockton' post='767127' date='25-Mar-2009 10:46']Have a look at the setting in the Word options that specifically enable/disable the insert keys use of overtype.

You will find it in Office Button > Word Options > Advanced > Editing Options > Use the Insert key to control overtype mode[/quote]

It was already checked. However, I unchecked it, okayed out, then went back in and checked it again. Now it works, thanks! Curious, though.