4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Loungers - not sure if this has been raised in the past, but does anyone know how to place an animated gif file into the mail signature?

I have attached the gif file, but it does not animate - any thoughts out there?

Thanks
    [quote name='verada' post='767150' date='24-Mar-2009 17:25']Loungers - not sure if this has been raised in the past, but does anyone know how to place an animated gif file into the mail signature?

I have attached the gif file, but it does not animate - any thoughts out there?[/quote]
    I think it depends on the version of Outlook and your editor. In Outlook 98-2003, if you edit/view in HTML format with the native Outlook editor, then the GIF animation should work. This is because the HTML display is rendered by IE. (Should -- although possibly you won't see it until you check the message in your Sent Items folder.)

However, if you use Word as your editor in Outlook 98-2003, or in Outlook 2007, animation is not supported. This is because Word HTML does not support GIF animation (at least the last time I checked).

The upshot of this is that regardless of what you see, you cannot be sure the recipient will see the animation. Therefore, presume the worst and make sure that when it is not animated, it displays a relevant image.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick reply - I have Outlook 2007, so I guess the news is not good.

Cheers