3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, I am trying to make an Invoice Template.
    I have a cell in a table starting with the date. I would like to enter the date as follows:
    and when I tab away to the next cell it will show the date as:
    03/24/2009
    I don't think this would be too hard to do, but I am new at this.

I also wanted to know it there is a way whenever I type the customers name that it
    could save it in a list, so that the next time I start to type the same name it will finish
    typing it for me. Much like how Quickbooks works.

Thanks.
    Time can fix anything.....even a broken clock. - Handy Andy

Thanks
    [quote name='HandyAndy' post='767190' date='24-Mar-2009 20:17']Hello, I am trying to make an Invoice Template.
    I have a cell in a table starting with the date. I would like to enter the date as follows:
    and when I tab away to the next cell it will show the date as:
    03/24/2009
    I don't think this would be too hard to do, but I am new at this.[/quote]
    This definitely is not a built-in feature of Word and the ways you might do it (e.g., using a form control, running a macro to enter the date, or running a macro to reformat the date) are not convenient. Excel might be more suitable if you want a grid layout with self-formatting cells.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='767195' date='25-Mar-2009 00:28']This definitely is not a built-in feature of Word and the ways you might do it (e.g., using a form control, running a macro to enter the date, or running a macro to reformat the date) are not convenient. Excel might be more suitable if you want a grid layout with self-formatting cells.[/quote]

Thanks I never thought of Excel. By the way do you know what Access is good for?
    Time can fix anything.....even a broken clock. - Handy Andy

Thanks
    [quote name='HandyAndy' post='767196' date='24-Mar-2009 21:34']By the way do you know what Access is good for?[/quote]
    Well, that depends on your perspective. Access is a good desktop database and development environment. It is not an especially good database for network applications with large numbers of users or vast amounts of data.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Microsoft has several free invoice templates: Invoices, both for Word and for Excel.