5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Recently my color palette has changed and I get "muddy" colors instead of the normal ones. THey'll change for no reason I know. Also some workbooks come in with unusual colors I cannot change back. Any ideas? TYIA

Thanks
    What version of Excel?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Torquemada' post='767318' date='25-Mar-2009 14:35']Recently my color palette has changed and I get "muddy" colors instead of the normal ones. THey'll change for no reason I know. Also some workbooks come in with unusual colors I cannot change back. Any ideas? TYIA[/quote]

While working at one client, the same problem kept happening to me. I found that we were working with a source file, one of many, the color palette of which had been changed. Every time we would copy one of its worksheets into our main file, that would change our default color palette.

We reset the color palette in that source file, and the problem went away.

How: Tools | Options | Color | Reset. It's that simple. Give it a try.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='WebGenii' post='767345' date='25-Mar-2009 16:18']What version of Excel?[/quote]
    Office 2003

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Going to the reset the color pallette step does not work. a) are these color changes permanent where do I go to get the correct flie to replace on this laptop? Files shown via projector to large groups are hard to read when the colors are different than planned. TYIA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The color palette is stored in each workbook.

Do you have default templates Book.xlt and Sheet.xlt in the XLSTART folder? If so, these are used when you create a new workbook / insert a new worksheet. Open each of these templates (if present) and reset their color palette in the Color tab of Tools | Options, then save them.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='773403' date='02-May-2009 08:13']The color palette is stored in each workbook.

Do you have default templates Book.xlt and Sheet.xlt in the XLSTART folder? If so, these are used when you create a new workbook / insert a new worksheet. Open each of these templates (if present) and reset their color palette in the Color tab of Tools | Options, then save them.[/quote]
    No go. Did as advised, closed Excel, restarted with an existing workbook, same defective color scheme. That's the whole issue: I click Reset and nothing happens.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    It would seem that your Excel installation is damaged. Try Help | Detect and Repair, or perform a repair installation from the Add or Remove Programs control panel.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I noticed the colors are different in 2007, could you have a converted 2007 workbook?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='stans' post='773408' date='02-May-2009 09:21']I noticed the colors are different in 2007, could you have a converted 2007 workbook?[/quote]
    Most definitely. Some areas of the company are on 07 and some on 03. Anything to be done?