New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hiiiiiiii
    Lemme go straight to the problem...I'm using office 2007. I am copying a cell from excel... and pasting the value in word using the paste special...So that whenever i change a value in excel, the correspoding change will be there in word file... But when i am inserting a row/column i am loosing the change because the cell is changing.. Now i would like to know is there any way to retain the same cell after inserting a row/column...

I hope i am clear..Please help me....
    Thanx in advance
    Ranmahs

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I typed a number into a cell in Excel, then copied that cell to the clipboard (Ctrl+C), then in Word, I chose Paste| Special| Paste Link| Excel Worksheet Object. The number appeared in the document as I expected. Then, I inserted additional rows and columns into the Excel worksheet, causing the number to change locations (cell address). Word lost the link. I believe that duplicates your issue?

I was able to avoid losing the link by naming the cell before copying and pasting. In fact, I can drag the cell anywhere on the sheet, change the contents of the cell, insert columns, or insert rows - and the link in Word updates just fine. Try that and see if it works for you.

Cheers,

[quote name='ranmahs' post='767475' date='26-Mar-2009 01:33']Hiiiiiiii
    Lemme go straight to the problem...I'm using office 2007. I am copying a cell from excel... and pasting the value in word using the paste special...So that whenever i change a value in excel, the correspoding change will be there in word file... But when i am inserting a row/column i am loosing the change because the cell is changing.. Now i would like to know is there any way to retain the same cell after inserting a row/column...

I hope i am clear..Please help me....
    Thanx in advance
    Ranmahs[/quote]
    - Ricky

New Lounger
    Thanks
    thank you sir..
    It worked for me