Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Recently, selecting draft view in Word 2007 brings up extremely tiny type. This occurs whether I'm saving document as .docx or .doc. Restarting or turning off Word and/or computer hasn't helped. As far as I know, I have not installed any new programs or changed anything since it was working correctly.

Any ideas on a solution or where I should look for one? I always go here before trying the complex and frustrating MS help sites!

Thanks.

Thanks
    [quote name='IreneLinda' post='767546' date='26-Mar-2009 13:16']Recently, selecting draft view in Word 2007 brings up extremely tiny type. This occurs whether I'm saving document as .docx or .doc. Restarting or turning off Word and/or computer hasn't helped. As far as I know, I have not installed any new programs or changed anything since it was working correctly.

Any ideas on a solution or where I should look for one? I always go here before trying the complex and frustrating MS help sites!

Thanks.[/quote]
    I know its states only applicable up to word 2003, but does Increasing the Size of the Draft Font help?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='IreneLinda' post='767546' date='27-Mar-2009 00:16']Recently, selecting draft view in Word 2007 brings up extremely tiny type. This occurs whether I'm saving document as .docx or .doc. Restarting or turning off Word and/or computer hasn't helped. As far as I know, I have not installed any new programs or changed anything since it was working correctly[/quote]
    Word typically stores the document zoom settings independently for each of the views in the document. It should remember what zoom was applied to draft view last time it was used in THAT document. So I would assume that you could change the zoom in draft view and then when you come back to that view it will remember the zoom you set. Is that the case?
    If so, then the problem needs to be resolved the same way in existing docs but you should also fix the template you use for new documents as the zooms are inherited from there on new documents.
    Note that if you change the zoom in a saved document and then close it without saving that Word doesn't consider the zoom as a change so it doesn't get saved. So after you change the draft view zoom setting, make a small text edit and undo it before saving and closing.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='767581' date='26-Mar-2009 14:42']I know its states only applicable up to word 2003, but does Increasing the Size of the Draft Font help?[/quote]
    Thanks for the suggestion (I got way behind in emails, sorry to be late replying when you were so fast!). Just tried it and it does increase the size but even at "99" the text is smaller than the normal "12" size! I use Draft for inputting lengthyor detailed documents as it's easy to read on the screen. Also, the text size says it's Calibri 11; I checked the "Normal" set up to see if it had been changed but it's the same. Weird, eh?

Linda

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Andrew Lockton' post='767692' date='26-Mar-2009 22:34']Word typically stores the document zoom settings independently for each of the views in the document. It should remember what zoom was applied to draft view last time it was used in THAT document. So I would assume that you could change the zoom in draft view and then when you come back to that view it will remember the zoom you set. Is that the case?
    If so, then the problem needs to be resolved the same way in existing docs but you should also fix the template you use for new documents as the zooms are inherited from there on new documents.
    Note that if you change the zoom in a saved document and then close it without saving that Word doesn't consider the zoom as a change so it doesn't get saved. So after you change the draft view zoom setting, make a small text edit and undo it before saving and closing.[/quote]
    Andrew and Leif,

Thank you for all the suggestions. Nothing seemed to work; however, in my need to access Publisher 2003, I had to uninstall and then reinstall Word 2007 - and that has corrected the problem! Weird, eh? It works, so that's all that matters!

Linda