2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    A week ago I installed Adobe Acrobat 9 on a brand new Dell Optiplex 755 running Windows XP Professional. Since then I've gotten the Blue Screen of Death twice when opening PDFs.

At first I thought the problem was with the hardware and I was ready to ship the machine back to Dell, but then I managed to cause the machine to crash by opening multiple PDFs.

Will repairing the application (with the original CD) help?

What about reinstalling?

Any suggestions?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I may have maligned Adobe Acrobat 9. The BSOD always references ati3duag.dll. Google this phrase and you get tons of pages about blue screens. I think the problem may be the video card or the driver for the video card.

Did I mention this was all brand new??
    *sigh*

Thanks
    [quote name='chris.revere' post='767629' date='26-Mar-2009 10:04']I may have maligned Adobe Acrobat 9. The BSOD always references ati3duag.dll. Google this phrase and you get tons of pages about blue screens. I think the problem may be the video card or the driver for the video card.[/quote]
    If you can get to the Display control panel, Settings tab, Advanced button, then Troubleshoot, you can dial down the graphics acceleration a notch. Maybe that will help preserve your sanity while you search or wait for a fix. (Assuming it's a display driver problem.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks,

I'll give that a shot.