New Lounger
    Thanks
    Vista bought August 2008 updated Dec 2008Telephone link.NOT broadband
    On 19th march while receiving long e-mail, ability to receive e-mails was suddenly lost.Can still SEND e-mails,but none received since 19th.

Windows keeps asking me to verify username and password which I do correctly but it persist wiht repeating query.
    Get message Some errors aoccurred. Account pop.freeserve.net Server pop.freeserve.net Protocol POP3 Server response "ERR[AUTH] Invalid login/password pair
    Port:110,Secure (SSL):No,Server Error Number: 0x800CCC92
    Please help.
    Please reply on your website (and not by e-mail,obviously).
    P.Coskery

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='coskery' post='767741' date='27-Mar-2009 06:40'][/quote]

The very long e-mail could be the problem if you never successfully received it. Windows Mail will keep trying to download it. Can you use a web interface to delete the mail?

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='coskery' post='767741' date='27-Mar-2009 07:40']Port:110,Secure (SSL)[/quote]
    This is far fetched, but you might check with your ISP to see if there's an alternate port you can use. Several of us on our cable system were having email troubles and our ISP told us to change from port 110 to port 995, with SSL. Haven't had any trouble since then. I don't claim to know why but it worked.