3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There's a thin vertical line running along the left-hand side of the page. I've no idea how it got there or how to remove it. I would guess maybe it's a border line or something. It showed up after I pasted an image in Word, but it is not part of the image.

What ribbon tabs provide options to remove this sort of thing? Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='767760' date='27-Mar-2009 15:40']There's a thin vertical line running along the left-hand side of the page. I've no idea how it got there or how to remove it. I would guess maybe it's a border line or something. It showed up after I pasted an image in Word, but it is not part of the image.

What ribbon tabs provide options to remove this sort of thing? Thanks.[/quote]
    Has Track Changes been turned on? If so, Word will indicate the location of changes (insertions, deletions) with a thin vertical line in the left margin.

See Track changes while you edit for info on how to turn Track Changes on and off.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yeah, I know all about track changes. Wasn't showing up as a change though.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='767760' date='27-Mar-2009 07:40']There's a thin vertical line running along the left-hand side of the page.[/quote]
    Does the line appear both on the monitor and the printed page, or just on the printed document? If the latter, it may be a printer / toner problem.

If the line appears on both the monitor and the printed document, check the header/footer to make sure a line didn't get inserted there. If there is a line, you should be able to select and delete it.
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you checked to see if a page border has been added to the page?

See http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/wo...000521033.aspx