New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've been asked by one of the academic staff to find out if it is possible to create a document where when the mouse pointer hovers over a word a small popup (similar to that created by footnotes) would appear with some preset information in it. The document will eventually be published in PDF format where, I suspect, anything Word does won't work!

Where to start looking, I've tried using "Screentips" in the document, which sort of works but includes "Ctrl + Click to follow link" and doesn't work in PDF.

Has anyone got any ideas please?

TIA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Word doesn't really have such a feature. You could use comments instead, which can be displayed in balloons.

Thanks
    [quote name='Magrat_Garlick' post='767775' date='27-Mar-2009 08:18']I've been asked by one of the academic staff to find out if it is possible to create a document where when the mouse pointer hovers over a word a small popup (similar to that created by footnotes) would appear with some preset information in it. The document will eventually be published in PDF format where, I suspect, anything Word does won't work![/quote]
    Sounds like a Word "comment". I don't know whether the Adobe PDFMaker macro converts Word comments to Acrobat annotations.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='767890' date='27-Mar-2009 23:20']Sounds like a Word "comment". I don't know whether the Adobe PDFMaker macro converts Word comments to Acrobat annotations.[/quote]

[attachment=83123:PDFMaker.GIF]
    Attached Images Attached Images