New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have created a template with Word 2003.

I made a toolbar for my Macros.

Sometimes when I open a saved filed made with the template, my toolbar is nowhere to be found, even under the View:Toolbars menu.

This doesn't happen with every file I make, just some.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

Have you checked whether the problem documents are still attached to the template? You can do this in Tools | Templates and Add-Ins.

Are you sure that the toolbar has been stored in the template? You can check this in the Toolbars tab of the Organizer which you can activate from Tools | Templates and Add-Ins.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='nlanich' post='767813' date='27-Mar-2009 14:52']Sometimes when I open a saved filed made with the template, my toolbar is nowhere to be found, even under the View:Toolbars menu.[/quote]

When you change a template, the changes are not sent into existing documents based on that template. The changes are only incorporated into new documents based on that template. So, if a document already existed based on that template when you created the toolbar, the toolbar would not show or even be available when you opened that document.
    Ronny Richardson

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Ronny' post='767991' date='28-Mar-2009 17:25']When you change a template, the changes are not sent into existing documents based on that template.[/quote]
    That is correct for styles, but not for toolbars, macros and autotext entries. Styles are stored in the document itself, but toolbars, macros and autotext entries are usually stored in the template, not in the document. So a change to any of those would affect all documents based on the template - both existing documents and new documents.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestions! I've been looking in my email for replys. (duh)