Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The staffer who is the "sysop" at the nursing home where I'm a volunteer asked me a question yesterday of which I have no knowledge. So, naturally I ask fellow Loungers for help.

She's made a PR movie which is on their web site at: Kentucky: Thomson-Hood Veteran's Center (the Virtual Tour link).

She evidently did the voice over WHILE the background music was playing audibly on her speakers and would prefer to "layer" the voice and music separately. Does anyone know if that's possible without the purchase of $$ software? (She's on a limited or non-existent budget!) TIA.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I know I did something like this at one time. I think if you import the video file into movie maker....drag the file to the AUDIO timeline NOT the video timeline....then you just get the audio track which you can trim delete as you wish.....then you must save the the movie file without this audio...re import it and you have a movie file without audio and then add another audio track. Im not sure if this is correct or not so will have to go and play with it when I have some time. Windows movie maker is limited as to what it can do with audio but I think you can seperate the audio. No doubt more knowledgable people will post better answers

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Jeff,

I'd be interested, too, if your instructions work. Last year I was playing around with Photo Story and Movie Maker to create short movies. I could not get two separate audio tracks into Movie Maker - but admittedly I did not try to save it twice as you suggest.

What I did was put the voice audio under the Photo Story movies and then put the music audio track under the movie in Movie Maker. It wasn't a great solution because I still ran into trouble with the relative volume of each track.

I have just bought a USB gadget that connects into my VCR to digitise my video recordings. It has come with some software that will edit movies. I will see what that does for me and will report back. I just need 15 minutes to set it up and play!

Johanna

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='johbot' post='768167' date='30-Mar-2009 00:41']Jeff,

I'd be interested, too, if your instructions work. Last year I was playing around with Photo Story and Movie Maker to create short movies. I could not get two separate audio tracks into Movie Maker - but admittedly I did not try to save it twice as you suggest.

What I did was put the voice audio under the Photo Story movies and then put the music audio track under the movie in Movie Maker. It wasn't a great solution because I still ran into trouble with the relative volume of each track.

I have just bought a USB gadget that connects into my VCR to digitise my video recordings. It has come with some software that will edit movies. I will see what that does for me and will report back. I just need 15 minutes to set it up and play!

Johanna[/quote]

I spoke too soon I've spent a few minutes experimenting with this but cant seem to re-produce the effect Im after i.e deleting the audio track from the project and then recording a new sound track. A google search is confusing with differing opinions. Perhaps I was mistaken and used some other software before.....it would have been free.....I notice VIRTUALDUB gets a lot of mentions. I'm short of time to do a lot more on this at the moment but hope someone else comes in with a solution