Thread: Outlook crashes

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    On Thursday morning, upon starting up my computer as usual and opening Microsoft Outlook, I got the attached Message 1. After a few minutes of checking for problems, Outlook opened normally, except that, at about every 10-15 minutes, Message 2 would pop up and Outlook would crash and reopen. Then, about 3-5 minutes after each crash and restart, I would get Message 3 and the emails I was composing would lose the data in the "To" and "Subject" fileds (but not the body of emails).

This was happening in a place where I had my WIFI on and connected to a network, but that network was not connected to the internet. I think the crashes stopped when I turned off the WIFI as well as when I had it on and connected to a network that was connected to the Internet (with my computer thus connected to the internet). But I haven't thoroughly tested it.

In addition, ever since Wednesday night, just before I noticed the problem, I noticed, on the bottom right of my Outlook window the message "Sending message one of 1" followed by "Send/Receive error," even though I had no messages in my outbox and nothing in drafts and had not pressed "Send/Receive." Whenever I send an email, I get the message, "Sending message 1 of 2,” even though in reality, I have only one message in my Outbox.

Is this “ghost message” in my Outbox causing the problem and if so, can it be gotten rid of?

Has anyone else who has had this problem found a solution? I hope the solution is not uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, since my DVD drive is busted and does not read CDs or DVDs.

Regards,

JMT
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Try the Inbox Repair Tool that comes with Outlook. Instructions are given in How to use the Inbox Repair Tools to recover e-mail messages in Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, and Outlook 2007.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Hans, thanks for the link. I think I may have solved it ... earlier, I was unable to send email from my Gmail. Then I went to my account settings and did a test of my gmail account and afterwards found it passed all the tests. Now the email gets sent from the Gmail account and in addition to that, whenever I send a message, the ghost message in my outbox is no longer appearing -- it says "Sending message 1 of 1" instead of "2 of 2." It has not crashed over the last hour and let's hope it doesn't anymore ...

JMT