New Lounger
    Thanks
    How can I get to the control panel when I can't right click on the desktop?(Mouse is fine works elsewhere)
    All my icons are gone,start menu and quick launch. I would like to try and restore them by going to arrange icons by or by user accounts . I really need to get to the control panel and possibly the start menu without right clicking on the destop. Any advice would be appreciated!
    I have Win XP Prof.
    Thanks Pamela.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Pressing then releasing the Windows key on your keyboard should display the Start menu. You can select Control Panel from the Start menu.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Pamela0510' post='768027' date='28-Mar-2009 11:45']How can I get to the control panel when I can't right click on the desktop?(Mouse is fine works elsewhere)
    All my icons are gone,start menu and quick launch. I would like to try and restore them by going to arrange icons by or by user accounts . I really need to get to the control panel and possibly the start menu without right clicking on the destop. Any advice would be appreciated!
    I have Win XP Prof.
    Thanks Pamela

Thanks Hans, I tried that but it didn't work. Also tried the Win key+E that didn't work either.
    Thanks anyway.[/quote]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Go to Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP, and scroll down to line # 117. Click the link "Restore Taskbar and Start Menu" on the left hand side (or download the .reg file to your desktop and open it from there).
    You can also try the left hand item in line # 164 "Restore Taskbar to Default Functionality".

New Lounger
    Thanks

Arrow

[quote name='HansV' post='769022' date='03-Apr-2009 05:55']Go to Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP, and scroll down to line # 117. Click the link "Restore Taskbar and Start Menu" on the left hand side (or download the .reg file to your desktop and open it from there).
    You can also try the left hand item in line # 164 "Restore Taskbar to Default Functionality".[/quote]

Thank you Hans, it worked great!