New Lounger
    Thanks

Custom Toolbar (9.0 SR-1)

Is it normal in powerpoint that a custom toolbar does not travel with the .pot file.

The .pot file has my slidemasters, code, plus the toolbar and it's buttons. When I share the file, the code is there but not the toolbar. Is there a way to share the toolbar?

I am more familiar with Word, whereby the toolbar is part of the template file so therefore travels with it.

Thanks

Re: Custom Toolbar (9.0 SR-1)

No the toolbar is a separate entity in PPT.
    You will need to use VBA to create the toolbar. The VBA macro will need to be stored in the template.

What I would do is open the template and record building your toolbar.
    Then go into the VBA Editor. Tools, Macro, Visual Basic Editor.

You should see something like this:
    <pre>Sub Macro3()
    '
    ' Macro recorded 9/5/01 by catharine richardson
    '

Application.CommandBars.Add(Name:="test").Visible = True
    Application.CommandBars("test").Controls.Add Type:=msoControlButton, Id:=740, Before:=1
    Application.CommandBars("test").Controls.Add Type:=msoControlButton, Id:=182, Before:=2
    Application.CommandBars("test").Controls.Add Type:=msoControlButton, Id:=21, Before:=3
    Application.CommandBars("test").Controls.Add Type:=msoControlButton, Id:=19, Before:=4
    Application.CommandBars("test").Controls.Add Type:=msoControlButton, Id:=22, Before:=5
    End Sub
    </pre>

In this example, the name of the toolbar is test. The buttons are identified by ID number. ( I haven't found a list of ID numbers yet)

I also haven't found the kind of autonew or autoOpen event that I would use in Excel to build the toolbar on launch. Your best bet is to name the macro with a good name and then tell users to run the macro to build the toolbar.

Perhaps a PPT VBA wizard will have a suggestion or two for us.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile