Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

My wife uses Outlook but has never actively added business contacts to her contacts list. Whenever she needs to email someone, she opens a new message and starts to type the email address in the To: bar. Outlook recognises the address and auto completes it.

My question is: Is there a way to print out or send to a text file ALL the addresses that Outlook is auto completing? She needs to review the addresses and it would make it easier to do if we could get a list of all the contacts the Outlook auto completes. It must be stores somewhere in Outlook? Any ideas where to go and how to do this?

TIA
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Rudi' post='768074' date='29-Mar-2009 09:33']It must be stores somewhere in Outlook? Any ideas where to go and how to do this?[/quote]
    It is stored in your profile in a file with the extension NK2. If you search your disk you will find the file but it is NOT a text file and there is no tool that can read it - other than Outlook!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Stuart...

TX for reply.

I notice that there is a little freeware utility to export the NK2 file content to a csv format. The utility is advertised here: http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2071717.php

If one follows the thread, it points to the link http://www.epute.com/nk2csv/, which opens, but does not provide the utility download. I notice the thread is old... started in 2005.

By chance...does any WOPR member reading this post have this little utility? I know this is a shot in the dark, but it is exactly what I need and would be great if you could pass the download file on to me.

TIA
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Rudi' post='768085' date='29-Mar-2009 12:34']I notice that there is a little freeware utility to export the NK2 file content to a csv format. The utility is advertised here: http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2071717.php[/quote]
    Rudi,

The link in your post is broken, because you have used a [post] tag instead of a [url] tag. Here is a correct link for people to follow. http://www.epute.com/nk2csv/.

I looked around on Google and found this utility, I have no idea if it is any good.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Rudi' post='768085' date='29-Mar-2009 13:34'][/quote]
    Hi Rudi,

I found this : http://www.nk2.info/
    I had to download :
    Download Link with full libraries (try this for Win9x or Wine):
    NK2.info version .09c beta ZIP file with libraries click here (1,166 KB)
    to have a working version.
    It just give an error at closing, but it seems to work.
    Francois

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey Stuart and Francois.

Many thanks for the link (and for the test run Francois). I really appreciate the effort. This is going to be a really useful utility based on what my wife is soon going to need.

BIG cheers!!!

PS: Stuart...sorry about the links. I was using the Quick Access Insert box to add the links. I did not notice that it was post links. Is there a fast way to insert a url? I do not see an insert link in the quick access?
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The fastest way to insert a link is to type or paste the complete URL (including http://) into your post/reply. It will be converted to a link automatically when you submit the post/reply.
    There is also an Insert Link button above the editing area:

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Tx Hans. I think my mind was on a one track direction when I used the Quick access box. I can now recall simply pasting an address into the post and noticed how the address was changed after I posted it. (I forgot about that). Tx too for pointing out the insert link button. I guess I should relooooook the interface options while I am creating a reply.
    Regards,
    Rudi

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='Rudi' post='768146' date='29-Mar-2009 15:24'][/quote]

If it is not too late, NK2View - View/Delete/Edit Outlook .NK2 AutoComplete Information is a free utility. There are many useful programs at that site.

Joe
    Joe

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Joe,

Never too late for any reply. Thanks for the link. The site does have a few more interesting downloads too. Cheers
    Regards,
    Rudi

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='Rudi' post='768312' date='30-Mar-2009 13:26'][/quote]

Be aware that because of the level at which some of those programs interact with the OS some virus scanners will consider them to be malware. I can't remember which ones but the programs are benign as long as used properly.

Joe
    Joe