New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello everyone!

I have to create a title page with specific measurements. Please find attched the dimensions for this as measurements.docx

The small box in the centre is the room I have to type the text in - how do I format the page for these exact dimensions? I use Word 2007

Many thanks

Bill
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    [quote name='Flooty' post='768088' date='29-Mar-2009 04:46']I have to create a title page with specific measurements. Please find attched the dimensions for this as measurements.docx

The small box in the centre is the room I have to type the text in - how do I format the page for these exact dimensions? I use Word 2007[/quote]
    Is the rest of your content also in this document? In that case, you would need to first create a "Next Page" Section Break to separate the first page from the rest of your content. Otherwise, your page size or margin settings will apply to that content as well.

The dimensions of a page, referring to the piece of paper on which the document will be printed, are considered part of the Page Layout, and appear on that part of the ribbon. Here you can set the overall size of the page if it is not the default paper size.

The position and size of a TextBox (I think you should use a TextBox for the part you plan to type) can be set in the Format TextBox dialog. First, you use Insert > TextBox and draw the box approximately where you want it. Then right-click the frame of the box to access the Size tab and the Layout tab > Advanced button to place the TextBox exactly where you want it.

I do not usually work with TextBoxes, so hopefully others will chime in if you run into specific problems with sizing or positioning.