New Lounger
    Thanks
    On 3-16-09 I finally got around to installing my new printer, a Canon pixma mp480, on my Dell Inspiron 530s with Vista home premium and after inserting the software cd that high speed sound started then I noticed my monitor took on a slightly washed out look. Now the close button in the upper right corner, is a very dark color and everything that was red is black or dark, dark red and everything green is a greenish yellow. It's hard to explain but I've lost alot of color. I uninstalled the printer, used 3-14-09 as a restore point, did the contrast and customization on the control panel and just about anything to do with color and nothings worked. I'm new to the world of computers but since becomming disabled due to a work injury I've been working hard to learn what I can, can someone help me? Thank you.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='callmeGUF' post='768185' date='29-Mar-2009 21:16'][/quote]

Right click on an empty area on the desktop, click on "Personalize", then click on "Display Settings". Make sure that "Colors" are set to "Highest".

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Also, be sure that in your work with the printer, that the plugs for the monitor aren't loose. A loose connection can make for very weird colours.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile