4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Loungers - I have a spreadsheet that becomes very large - each copied tab adds around 2mg to the size and in some spreadsheets I may have 5 -6 tabs. One spreadsheet is 23mg!

I have change the formulas that consist of vlookup's to named formulas - (6 per tab) as suggested in previous posts (581649). There is minimal amount of text, no graphics, basic conditional formatting, minimal colors used and a few lists.

Any other thoughts on how the size can be reduced?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Dean

I think it may have been Rudi that had a Star Post about this butI can't see where they have gone on the new lounge. I aso searched the Excel Archives under bloat and found quite a few entries, again I can't link you because I can't seem to see where th post numbers are?

have saved as in the past and it has helped a little.

BTW. Ditch the signature it took me about 30 second of flicking at the screen before I realised
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Steve - thanks for the reply - I'll search the posts and see what I can find.

I hope you didn't wear a hole in your screen!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The Star Post Index posts have been pinned at the top of the Lounge Matters forum, so that you can easily find them. Rudi's post is listed in Star Post Index - MS Office: 'Exploding' file size (Excel 2003).

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Hans - will have a read and see what else I may need to do.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='768202' date='30-Mar-2009 06:39']The Star Post Index posts have been pinned at the top of the Lounge Matters forum, so that you can easily find them. Rudi's posy is listed in Star Post Index - MS Office: 'Exploding' file size (Excel 2003).[/quote]

Thanks Hans for pointing to the star posts, I just couldn't see it this morning. Whilst we are at it where do you know find the post number as each new post seems to start at 1 (maybe obviously) and not as it did before?
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='stevehocking' post='768223' date='30-Mar-2009 10:41']where do you know find the post number as each new post seems to start at 1 (maybe obviously) and not as it did before?[/quote]
    Just click on the underlined link where you see the post number at the top of any post and you get a dialog box with a link that you can copy.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If you click the number in the upper right corner of the post, you'll see a prompt with the BBCode for a link to the post, already selected so that you can copy it (Ctrl+C) and paste it into a post or reply.
    [attachment=83143:x.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (8.1 KB, 4 views)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='768226' date='30-Mar-2009 10:57']If you click the number in the upper right corner of the post, you'll see a prompt with the BBCode for a link to the post, already selected so that you can copy it (Ctrl+C) and paste it into a post or reply.
    [attachment=83143:x.png][/quote]

Thanks Stuart and Hans
    Cheers

Steve