Sybrand

offline data (access2002&sql2000)

Can anyone please explain to me how to create an access adp, connect to a sql database and then make to whole thing to work offline. That is how to use the offlinepublication, offlinetype and offlinesource properties.

Thanks so long

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: offline data (access2002&sql2000)

<P ID="edit" class=small>Edited by charlotte on 05-Sep-01 21:35.</P>As for creating an ADP, you simply create a new file and select Project (existing database) in the dialog, assuming that you want to link it to an existing SQL Server database. Then you use the datalink properties dialog to specify the SQL Server to connect to. If you aren't familiar with creating and using ADPs, you've got a steep learning curve ahead of you. ADPs are quite different from MDBs and even the forms don't always work as you would expect in an MDB.

Sorry, I misread the 2002 as Access 2000. Try reading knowledgebase article <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q285/3/31.asp>ACC2002: How to Work with Data Access Pages Offline [Q285331]</A>. However the article does specify its level as "Advanced: Requires expert coding, interoperability, and multiuser skills", so don't expect simple instructions on doing this.
    Charlotte

Sybrand

Re: offline data (access2002&sql2000)

Thanks for the tip. I will try it and will come back to you if I don't succeed.