Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am trying to append 112 new records to my main table and am getting "set 112 fields to null due to a type conversion failure". I have checked over the data and cannot find the problem. I have been using this same append query for a long time - and routinely import new excel data to the same "secondary" table every time, then append to the main table, and erase the data in the "secondary" table to start fresh each time... I have never had a problem until now ... Any thoughts ?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='trish12' post='768298' date='30-Mar-2009 19:27'][/quote]
    Have you an autonumber field in the secondary table that could be reset to 0 after the db has been compacted ?
    Francois

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No, the secondary table has no autonumber field and no primary key....

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Could you post a stripped down copy of your database? See post 401925 for instructions.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='trish12' post='768317' date='30-Mar-2009 20:38']No, the secondary table has no autonumber field and no primary key....[/quote]
    I think it shall be hard to find something without seeing the data. Can you attache a db with the two tables and the append query with a few records ?
    Francois

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='trish12' post='768298' date='31-Mar-2009 04:27']I am trying to append 112 new records to my main table and am getting "set 112 fields to null due to a type conversion failure". I have checked over the data and cannot find the problem. I have been using this same append query for a long time - and routinely import new excel data to the same "secondary" table every time, then append to the main table, and erase the data in the "secondary" table to start fresh each time... I have never had a problem until now ... Any thoughts ?[/quote]
    Have you double and tripled checked the excel sheet's data?
    Any date fields gone wrong, any text in numeric fields?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I did check all the data numerous times.. and checked the text v number issue... here is a sample of the problem. Thanks for looking at it!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='trish12' post='768347' date='30-Mar-2009 22:28']I did check all the data numerous times.. and checked the text v number issue... here is a sample of the problem. Thanks for looking at it![/quote]
    The problem is in field8 and field9
    Field8 ->are all dates and you try to put them in a text field ->StrTypeOfFlight
    Field9 ->are all text and you try to put them in a date/time field ->Date of Flight

Did field8 and field9 has to be exchanged ?
    Francois

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I thought everything looked good - thanks for the information - I will check those fields on Monday -