3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    So I have a numbered list, and some parts use a. b. etc. after 1. 2. etc. Some however use bullet points. The problem is that I am trying to convert "b" below into a bullet point. When I do this, it acts as a macro, turning the a. b. c., etc below it in numbers 75 onward into bullet points. It's precisely this kind of macro assumption on the part of Word 2007 that irks me, and that I'd like to know how to shut off. Can anyone tell me?

Usually, as far as spacing macros are concerned, a Ctrl+Z is enough to undo the macro and retain only the local change I intended. Here, Ctrl+Z undoes the b to bullet point change I intended to make. Any info on how to solve this problem, and control Word's macro happy nature, would be appreciated. Thanks.

66. blah blah
    blah
    i. blah
    ii. blah
    iii. blah
    b.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='768362' date='30-Mar-2009 22:45']Any info on how to solve this problem, and control Word's macro happy nature, would be appreciated. Thanks.[/quote]
    This is nothing to do with Macros. The problem is that you are trying to create bulleted lists by formatting individual paragraphs. The only way to do this reliably is to define styles that have the formatting you want, and then to apply these styles in a consistent way to your paragraphs.

I don't use Word 2007, so I can't give you detailed instructions but I am sure that a helpful lounger with Word 2007 will arrive soon.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd recommend to create aseparate style for each kind of numbering/bullets, and to apply these styles as needed.