Results 1 to 2 of 2
2009-03-30, 22:09 #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2002
- Mt Macedon, Victoria, Australia
- Thanked 45 Times in 44 Posts
I am having an issue with several databases with Access 2007 (with the database in 2000 format).
In the footer of a subform I sum a column of figures using =sum([fieldname]), and hide this control, then transfer the total to the Main form, by having a control on the Main Form whose control source is =subformname.Form!controlname.
You see something like this.
In 2007 what happens sometimes is that I see 'calculating' in the status bar, and the total never appears. If I unhide the subform total it remains blank.
However the moment I move the focus away from Access, the totals all fill in!
- The same databases do not display this behaviour in 2003
- I have compacted, repaired, imported all objects to a new db, and even converted to accdb format.
- I imported the linked tables to see what happens - no difference.
- MSKB article 927152 deals with a similar issue, but does not offer a solution. In my cases the subform is only filtered by the master child fields.
Has anyone else encountered this issue?Regards
2009-03-31, 00:44 #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2001
- Sint Niklaas, Belgium
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[quote name='johnhutchison' post='768390' date='31-Mar-2009 05:09'][/quote]
I've never seen this (yet).Francois