5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

When I use Swish Max2 I can write more than one clause of code on a line by simply using a semicolon. When I try to do this with vba I get an error. Is it necessary to start each clause on a separate line or is there a way to save space and have multiple clauses per line? IE how to get:

Code:
    let1.Visible = False
    let2.Visible = False
    let3.Visible = False
    let4.Visible = False
    onto a single line:

Code:
    let1.Visible = False; let2.Visible = False; let3.Visible = False; let4.Visible = False
    Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You can separate instructions with a colon:

let1.Visible = False: let2.Visible = False: let3.Visible = False: let4.Visible = False

but I'd use it sparingly. In the early days of BASIC (the 1980s), combining instructions on a single line saved space (when each byte counted) and increased execution speed, but nowadays there's no advantage in doing so.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='768442' date='31-Mar-2009 14:16']You can separate instructions with a colon:

let1.Visible = False: let2.Visible = False: let3.Visible = False: let4.Visible = False

but I'd use it sparingly. In the early days of BASIC (the 1980s), combining instructions on a single line saved space (when each byte counted) and increased execution speed, but nowadays there's no advantage in doing so.[/quote]

Thanks Hans, having some things together on the same line makes the code easier to follow and edit for me.

Best wishes,

Chris

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    [quote name='Cah' post='768539' date='01-Apr-2009 09:30']Thanks Hans, having some things together on the same line makes the code easier to follow and edit for me.

Best wishes,

Chris[/quote]
    Hi Chris,

When dimensioning variables, you can use a comma. Instead of:
    Dim str1 As String
    Dim str2 As String
    Dim str3 As String
    Dim Status As Boolean
    Dim MyData As DataObject
    Dim i As Integer

you could eliminate all except the first 'Dim' with:
    Dim str1 As String, str2 As String, str3 As String, Status As Boolean, MyData As DataObject, i As Integer
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]