2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi All,

I've been trying to work through this w/o any luck.

I have a report with 2 sub-reports. I would like the 2nd sub-report to print at the bottom of the last page only.

I've tried putting it in the report footer section and making it visible (On-Format event) if [page]=[pages], but this only seems to work ok if the sub-report size is small (ie. few records).

Is this possible to do?

Regards,

Van

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If you place the subreport in the report footer, it should be displayed/printed at the end of the report only, but not necessarily at the bottom of the page: the report footer follows immediately after the last detail section and group footers, if any.

If it's necessary that the subreport is displayed/printed at the bottom of the page, place it in the page footer, and use code to make it visible only if Me.Page = Me.Pages. In order to make this work, there should be a control in the page footer whose control source refers to [Pages]; this control can be hidden if you prefer.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    the page footer doesn't seem to be able to grow / shrink. If the data in the sub-report is more than a few lines, the sub-report only shows part of the data, not all of it, and the report stays with only 1 page (when it should have 2 in this case b/c of the amount of data in the detail section and the sub-report).

I should say there are other controls in the page footer that I want to show on all pages of the report....it's only the sub-report that should print/display on the last page.

can the page footer section be made to grow?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='vanleblanc' post='768527' date='31-Mar-2009 23:32']can the page footer section be made to grow?[/quote]
    No, that is not possible. If your subreport needs to be taller than the page footer, you can't use the page footer, so you're stuck. I'd compromise and place the subreport in the report footer of the main report - this can grow and shrink.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OK. That's what it will have to be. Not ideal, but 2nd best solution.

Many Thanks,

Van