Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'm at the stage where I need to upgrade my Windows 2003 Server (Enterprise Edition) to Windows 2008 Business Essentials Server so that I can take advantage of the virtualization feature. Has anyone out there been through a similar upgrade, and what are the issues I'm likely to encounter?

In the same vein, I would like to do an image of the 2003 Server before I do that. Will the desktop versions of either Acronis or ShadowProtect do an image of 2003 Server? And if so, why would I want to spend the $$$s on the server version?
    Wendell

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='WendellB' post='768698' date='01-Apr-2009 11:53'][/quote]

I've not migrated to WS2008 yet so I can't give you specifics. But I can point you to Migrate to Windows Server. I'm guessing that Microsoft won't make easy to go from an Enterprise version of Windows to a Standard version.

Joe