2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,

My company is migrating from Word XP to Word 2007. Currently I support a custom app which, in Word XP anyway, "lives" in a custom toolbar and menu (we load several Global templates). I'm just wondering how this will work in 2007, since there aren't toolbars or menus anymore. (?)

On a related topic, I'd like to get a Word 2007 book /resource that just covers the more "technical" differences between 2007 and previous versions. Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    A custom toolbar from a document or template developed in Word 97-2003 will appear in the Add-ins tab of the ribbon in Word 2007.

Your users may like the Word 2003 to Word 2007 interactive command reference guide.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Add-ons can be made to appear, as a group, on the quick access toolbar (QAT). See http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=721945&hl=quick+access+toolbar +macros. The icons will be the same as they are in W2003. You could also add individual macros to the QAT, but you'd have to choose icons from the limited set W2007 offers.

Also,you might want to have a look at this site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm. It doesn't look too hard, but I do remember how tedious hand coding html could be.

Pam
    Pam Caswell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='768740' date='01-Apr-2009 18:10']A custom toolbar from a document or template developed in Word 97-2003 will appear in the Add-ins tab of the ribbon in Word 2007.

Your users may like the Word 2003 to Word 2007 interactive command reference guide.[/quote]

I am in the same situation... we will be changing from Word 2003 to 2007 this year and our company has custom templates with toolbars containing macros & styles. When I open a document based on a 2003 template I can access some of the macros under the Developer tab but nothing (icons, toolbars, etc.) appears under the Add-ins tab. HELP Any suggestions???
    TIA,
    gg

Thanks
    [quote name='gglmi' post='769085' date='03-Apr-2009 11:03']...our company has custom templates with toolbars containing macros & styles. When I open a document based on a 2003 template I can access some of the macros under the Developer tab but nothing (icons, toolbars, etc.) appears under the Add-ins tab.[/quote]
    I think menu and toolbar items created in code, e.g., in an AutoOpen macro, will appear on the add-ins tab. I can't recall whether other customizations will appear there.

To access macros, you can press Alt+F8 or enable the Developer tab on the ribbon (this is somewhere in the Word Options dialogs...).

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Your toolbars, icons, and their supporting macros need to be in an add-on template that is placed in Word's startup folder. The template doesn't have to be in W2007 format to work, but you'll probably want to convert it eventually.
    Pam Caswell