3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Arrow

Hello,

I have Excel 2003 with a pivot table I created. The pivot table has the data on a different sheet, however, everytime I update the pivot table, I have to go back to the pivot table toolbar and select pivot table wizard. From here I go have to go back and change the table to include the new rows of information. I would like to skip this step and just hit the refresh data in the toolbar to have it update the info. Is there a number or way I can set this up so I don't have to select the new rows everytime. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You could set the source range for the pivot table to a dynamic range, or define a dynamic named range, and set the source for the pivot table to this name.

See Dynamic Ranges on Named Ranges for info on dynamic named ranges.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Dynamic Range names are the way to go, and be sure to make both the Row and Columns dynamic. I find this especially important because I often add supplemental data, new vlookup results, new sorting information, in new columns. If one only makes the row size dynamic, then those new columns will not automatically show up. I also have an event macro for the tab with the PT that automaticaly refereshes it whenever I select the tab. It is somewhere in this forum in a post.