2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a database of approved abbreviations for use. Quite a few of the abbreviations are symbols which I was able to character map the symbol into the database. Can I somehow create a new symbol? What I need is the letter c w/ a dash over it similar to ē or ō?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I believe that is a standard character in the UniCode fonts, so if you display the character using @Arial Unicode it should be OK.
    (You can find it on the Character Map in Accessories - to enter it from the keyboard may be a challenge however - unless you have a special Latin keyboard configured. It it U+0107 in the character map in many fonts.)
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You can't create your own symbols.

I don't think there is a "c overbar" character. You can simulate it somewhat by using Unicode character 0305 - the "combining overline" character - followed by the character over which you want an overbar.
    The character can be found by selecting the Arial MS Unicode font in the Character Map accessory and scrolling down to the typographic character section.

[attachment=83182:x.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (6.5 KB, 2 views)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='768761' date='01-Apr-2009 22:24']You can't create your own symbols.

I don't think there is a "c overbar" character. You can simulate it somewhat by using Unicode character 0305 - the "combining overline" character - followed by the character over which you want an overbar.
    The character can be found by selecting the Arial MS Unicode font in the Character Map accessory and scrolling down to the typographic character section.

[attachment=83182:x.png][/quote]

With the private character editor I was able to create this however need to work on the font.