2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Woman in Kissimmee Florida calls 911 because she is locked inside her car

I couldn't believe this one when I heard about it. Check out this link:

Duh!!

This just cracked me up and I needed that today! I would love to hear the actual 911 recording on this one!

Hope you all enjoy!
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">MickeyMouse</font face=comic>
    How best to describe the Lounge-
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The date has me a litle suspicious of the validity of the story.
    Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writer
    9:45 AM EDT, April 1, 2009
    Reminds me of this.
    Blondestar

But the again in Utah Last June
    Woman Calls Orem Police To Free Her From Her Locked Car

Thanks
    [quote name='MickeyMouse' post='768834' date='02-Apr-2009 08:19']Woman in Kissimmee Florida calls 911 because she is locked inside her car
    I would love to hear the actual 911 recording on this one![/quote]

Check the link you provided under "related Links". The audio of the 911 call is there.
    Regards,
    PaulB

Thanks
    [quote name='mbarron' post='768867' date='02-Apr-2009 10:53']But the again in Utah Last June
    Woman Calls Orem Police To Free Her From Her Locked Car[/quote]

Maybe it was the same woman who just moved from Utah to Florida?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks
    [quote name='MickeyMouse' post='768834' date='02-Apr-2009 13:19']Woman in Kissimmee Florida calls 911 because she is locked inside her car[/quote]
    This link worked without needing me to install a plug-in...

It didn't strike me as particularly amusing, though. If you had never realised that you could pull up the plunger thing just to the right of the driver's door window (left in US and its dominions) and thus unlock the door, what else would you do but ring the emergency services? Electronic central locking deprives us of this necessary information!

How often do help desk people respond to "My computer doesn't work" with "Have you switched the power on"?
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='769023' date='03-Apr-2009 13:55']If you had never realised that you could pull up the plunger thing....[/quote]
    In some cars, the 'plunger thing' drops down until it is flush with the door so that it is not possible to get a hold of it. (This is to prevent would-be thieves from pulling it up with a modified coat-hanger, or even smashing the window to get to it and opening the door.)

So the possibility of being physically trapped may yet still exist...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='769048' date='03-Apr-2009 09:54']In some cars, the 'plunger thing' drops down until it is flush with the door ...[/quote]
    I'm not sure of this since my first hand experience is limited to a small number of autos, but I think (here in the USA) manufacturers did away with that "flush button" possibly for the very safety reason we're talking about. All the American made cars I've ridden in recently have lock buttons that do "stick up" from the door. Interesting point though.

I remember reading a news report or two of people trapped in their cars and couldn't get the lock button up if the electrical system failed.

Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='769061' date='03-Apr-2009 15:23']I remember reading a news report or two of people trapped in their cars and couldn't get the lock button up if the electrical system failed.[/quote]
    And not just if the electrical system fails, but if the car body gets warped in an accident - which is why we should all have one of these handy in the car:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='769071' date='03-Apr-2009 08:39']And not just if the electrical system fails, but if the car body gets warped in an accident - which is why we should all have one of these handy in the car:

[/quote]
    And NOT in the trunk (BOOT) or what ever the compartment in the back of the car is called.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.